There are several factors, which can determine the premium of your car insurance policy. These factors include: model and brand of the car, whether it is new or used, the age of the driver and more. Thus, to find the best deal in terms of low insurance premiums and enhanced coverage for your car, you need to do some research by comparing several quotes from different companies and then arriving at a decision by choose any one of them.
Car insurance under 25 is relatively expensive than it is for experienced drivers and insurance premiums can even go higher if the young driver has had unlawful driving record. Young drivers are classified under high risk category because majority of them do reckless driving. Thus, insurance companies always charge high premiums for insuring cars that are mostly driven by young drivers.
You can bring down the cost of insurance for your car if you follow the under mentioned points.
1. Do not buy sports cars or other imported vehicles. Import car insurance will cost you more than the insurance for a domestic car.
2. Married people, even if they are below 25 years of age are consider safe drivers as compared to single individuals of the same age group.
3. If you live in an area that is prone to high level of theft and vandalism, you will have to pay more.
4. Do not drive fast so you can avoid speeding tickets. The more points you have accumulated on your license, the costlier will be the car insurance for you.
5. Never drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Such tickets will further up your car’s insurance premiums.
6. Insurance companies charge less for those vehicles that are used less.
7. You can buy multiple insurance policies such as life and health insurance from the same company. Insurance companies offer discounts for their customers who purchase multiple policies from them.